We will be refunding 100% of your registration fee. Please be patient with us as we navigate through questions, concerns, refunds, and everything in between. We will cancel your registration in full to the card on file. You will receive a confirmation email with a receipt once your registration is refunded. If we are unable to refund the card on file for any reason, or you paid via check/wire, we will be reaching out to you separately to gather more information for your refund.
For those that already cancelled and paid the $125 cancellation fee, we will be refunding the fee back to you. SHEA Staff will be reaching out to those individuals.
As a reminder, please take a moment to cancel your hotel reservation. To cancel your hotel reservation, contact the hotel by phone at (404) 521-0000
What will happen to the accepted Poster Abstracts?
- We are excited to announce SHEA will be publishing a supplemental issue of SHEA’s Scientific Journal, Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology (ICHE), which will include all of the accepted Decennial 2020 poster abstracts! At this time, the supplement will be made available online only. It will also highlight both top rated and late breaker abstracts. We know many of you wish to re-submit your abstracts to IDWeek or elsewhere, therefore, we are also extending the Decennial abstract withdraw deadline. If you wish to withdraw your abstract from Decennial’s ICHE supplement please do so no later than April 8th. Email Laure Herzog with your poster title to withdraw. If you are re-submitting your abstract to IDWeek, you must withdraw from Decennial. After this deadline, all accepted abstracts will be sent into the process to be published as is. The process for publishing will take up to three months. SHEA will be following up with additional information in April. If you wish to re-submit your abstract to IDWeek 2020, you may do so on the IDWeek 2020 Abstract Submission Page
Will you be refunding registration fees?
- Yes, we will be refunding 100% of your registration fee. We appreciate your patience during this process, as it may take up to 3 months for all refunds to be completed.
If we already requested a refund and were charged the processing fee of $125, can we get this fee back?
- Yes, we will be reaching out to everyone who was charged a processing fee to provide a full refund.
Are you refunding Pre-Conference Workshop fees?
- Yes, we will also be providing 100% refunds to all Pre-Conference Workshop registrants.
Are you refunding the SHEA Education and Research Foundation Dinner ticket fees?
- Yes, we will also be providing 100% refunds to everyone who has purchased a SHEA Education and Research Foundation Dinner ticket.
Are you refunding any donations made to the SHEA Education and Research Foundation with registration?
- Yes, we will also be providing 100% refunds to everyone who has donated to the SHEA Education and Research Foundation as part of the registration refunds.
Can I donate my registration fee or Foundation dinner ticket to the SHEA Education and Research Foundation to support their offerings?
- We are unable to transfer any registration fees to the SHEA Education and Research Foundation however we do encourage everyone to consider donating at https://www.shea-online.org/index.php/foundation/donate
How can I cancel my hotel room reservation?
- To cancel your hotel reservation, to go http://www.Marriott.com and select my trips, then enter your confirmation number, check in date and full name to cancel your reservation or contact the hotel by phone at 404-521-0000.
Are you refunding flight or other travel costs?
- We are unable to provide refunds for travel expenses. In terms of air travel, many airlines are now offering flight waivers and accommodations for specific travel dates and destinations. Please work directly with your airline. If you purchased travel insurance, please contact your provider for information and next steps. We have drafted documentation to support refund requests, if needed. We apologize for any inconvenience and challenges this may cause you.
I do not agree with the decision to cancel Decennial 2020. Who can I talk to about this?
- You may direct your concerns to Kristy Weinshel, Executive Director of SHEA.
Will Decennial 2020 occur later this year or be held virtually?
- We are currently considering all the options. Please bear with us while we reimagine the future of this conference in the coming weeks. We will reach out to all participants once a decision is made.
I was presenting at Decennial 2020, should I still submit my presentation (PowerPoint, PDF, or handout)?
- We are not requiring our presenters to submit their presentations. As decisions are made on the future of Decennial 2020, we will keep you informed on any next steps related to your presentation.
I am an exhibitor/sponsor of Decennial 2020. Will we be receiving refunds for our booths, sponsored items, and registrants?
- Yes, we will be refunding 100% of your booth fee, exhibitor badges, lead retrieval, and sponsorships. We appreciate your patience during this process as it may take up to 3 months for all refunds to be completed.
I am a scholarship winner, who should I contact about next steps?
- You may direct your questions to Stefon Valencia, Director of Member Engagement & Partnerships
I am an International Ambassador, who should I contact about next steps?
- You may direct your questions to Jade Belcher, Online Learning and Development Coordinator